Saturday, April 25, 2015

#Readathon "Start" Post

readathon button

Hello, everyone! I hope you're all having a most excellent time with this edition of Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon. I actually started a few hours ago, but haven't had a chance to write my start post yet! So here it is:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Colorado, USA

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Hmm, maybe What Did You Eat Yesterday? by Fumi Yoshinaga.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

The breakfast casserole I made, which I already had!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

Well, I enjoy long walks on the beach (not really, I'm landlocked). I have three scotties, my favorite TV show of all time is Chuck, and I'm a libra.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

This Readathon is going to be different from other Readathons I've participated in for two reasons: one, I'm a cheerleading captain this year; and two, my mom is participating with me! I'm so excited. Hopefully I can get her to participate in a few minichallenges and do one or two updates here, since she doesn't have her own blog.

SO FAR...

Read: 2 chapters in Think of England by KJ Charles, maybe 10 minutes' worth of The Ladies' Paradise by Emile Zola on audio.

Consumed: 2 cups of coffee (breakfast blend and French roast), 1 large piece of breakfast casserole.

Minichallenges: None so far.

Cheered: Haven't cheered yet, but went through the spreadsheet to sift out blogs that weren't participating.


THE PLAN

Once I finish this post, I'm going to hie off to read some more of Think of England and bug my mom about minichallenges, then I'll probably fold laundry and paint my nails while listening to The Ladies' Paradise.

I'm not planning on cheering until later tonight, but I'm going to keep checking the cheering spreadsheet for maintenance issues and if anyone has questions.


Happy Readathon! See you in a few hours.



Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...