Sunday, February 17, 2013

TSS-Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

moving

Sorry for the not-radio silence this past week; I went on a trip to pick up all my stuff from storage and move it into more storage. The good news is I have all my books now and more bookshelves! There's just something satisfying about setting books into an empty bookcase, isn't there? My brother, who just turned 20, is also moving into his own place, so there are SO MANY FEELINGS going on right now. Luckily he's only like 10 miles away.

Also, since my parents are letting me use their storage for a while, I figured I could clear out some space in my room to create a reading nook, which I blogged about here before. I was planning on doing that on Saturday, but I OD'd on moving and just didn't feel like it. I will eventually, though.

In other news, I started a new blog called Nowhere Bites, because if there's one thing I need it's another blog. It's dedicated to small town and rural area restaurants. I actually had the idea for Nowhere Bites years ago but didn't know how to put it together. After finishing the road trip on Thursday, though, I just decided to go for it! I hope people will contribute their favorite restaurants, since it will be hard impossible for me to visit places all over the country (and possibly the world? I wouldn't be averse to going world-wide) to write about.

As for reading, my dad agreed to listen to about six hours total of The Night Circus audiobook on the drive to and from the storage place. Dang, that's a long book. He thought it was funny the word "proper" was used so often (I wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't pointed it out). I also started Bel Canto before I left and still haven't passed the fifty page mark; too much stuff going on. I have issues concentrating on reading when I'm not settled. Who knows, I might get to fifty pages and decide it's boring. It's really good so far, though.

Did I miss any important bloggy things while I was away? What was your week like?



Further Reading:





Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...