Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Have You Seen This Book?

have

Hello. I am looking for some books that I read a long time ago. Maybe you can help?

Book #1

I've been searching for this novel for so long that at this point, finding it has nothing to with how good it is or how much I want to read it, but simply the fact that this search is starting to develop into something of the Maltese Falcon/Holy Grail variety. I honestly don't know what I'll do if I ever find this book, possibly cry. But here are the deets:

Definitely for sure part of the book: It's a category romance from the '90s that's about a woman who travels back in time to Georgian England. She works as a maid in an aristocratic house, and the hero's the butler. Meanwhile, Jack the Ripper (who is also a time traveler) is there. They eventually kill him.

This may or may not be part of the book: I think it was published by Signet under their "[number I can't remember] Light Street" line. I also think the heroine was a crime scene photographer.
Book #2

This is a novel I recently started thinking about because of ghosts and snow. I don't know why I was thinking about ghosts and snow, but I was, and then I wanted to know what this book was. The details of this one are even more sketchy.

Definitely for sure part of the book: It's a MG novel from the late '80s or early '90s set during a horrendous blizzard in 19th-century New York City. A bunch of people die. An elevator was involved somehow.

May or may not be part of the book: I think there was a contemporary heroine who had visions of the historical scenes due to ghostly encounters, but I'm not sure. There might have also been a tragic love story sub-plot.

Do you have ANY idea what these books might be titled? If you do, please let me know in the comments!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...