Friday, September 23, 2011

Preparing for the October 2011 24-Hour Readathon!

dewey readathon button

Today is the first day of fall, and that means the fall edition of Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon is almost upon us (October 22nd). Excitement!

I have horrible luck when it comes to readathons; I've never finished a whole book during one, just books that were already half-way read. It doesn't even have anything to do with working; I just get too distracted by things like visiting blogs and doing challenges. My TBR pile for the Dewey's Readathon hasn't changed once since I first participated, that's how bad it is.

SO ANYWAY. I was going to just do cheerleading this time, because looking at my constantly not-changing stack of readathon books is quite frankly not good for morale, but then I woke up with the conviction that I really had to read during the readathon. I just had to. This time, though, I'm not even going to TRY to finish a book. I'm picking a long-ass novel and just sticking with that for the entire day. It's gonna be Pillars of the Earth all up in here. Okay, maybe not Pillars of the Earth, but definitely a chunkster will be read, or at the very least started.

I'm also going to try to wake up and start reading w/everyone else this year. It probably won't happen, but I'm going to make the effort-ish.

Have you signed up for the Readathon yet? You should!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...