Saturday, February 27, 2010

Musical Notes: Darkfever & Flat-Out Sexy

read or listen Image by suchitra prints

After reading Memory's post about music and reading the other day, I realized that while I do love to set books to soundtracks, I rarely remember what music I pick out to accompany them. That gave me the idea to add a "musical notes" section to my blog.

Here's the music that has been accompanying my reading this week:

Darkfever

One would think I'd go for Irish music with this one, since it's set in Dublin, but I actually found the mix of sexuality, cynicism, romanticism, and good vs. evil that populates Leonard Cohen's music to be more appropriate. Here are two of my faves:



Wow, Leonard Cohen is really old!



Flat-Out Sexy

I'm also reading Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy (review forthcoming). With a NASCAR-set book and a Southern hero, how could I resist listening to some country music?




Do you like to listen to music while you read? What songs have you been setting to books this week?



Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...